1 whole Tilapia, cleaned
3 tablespoons Smoked Paprika
3 tablespoons Dried Cilantro
3 tablespoons Paprika
2 teaspoons Cumin
2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
1.5 teaspoons Black Pepper
Combine all spices and set aside until you are ready to use. This blend can be made in advance and stored in an air-tight container up to thirty days.
1 Ripe Avocado
1 tablespoon honey
1 Bunch Cilantro (divided in half)
Juice from 1 lime
1 Jalapeno, take the seeds out if you want a milder salsa
1 Clove Garlic
½ White Onion, coarsely chopped
Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
3. With a sharp knife, make slashes crosswise on a diagonal along the body of the fish every 2″ on both sides. Cutting slits on the fish helps the fish to cook faster and evenly and will help determine if the fish is fully cooked. Season fish generously inside and out with seasoning rub. Drizzle fish with olive oil.
4. Roast 18-20 minutes, the fish will be tender and flaky, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
5. Pour salsa on a platter and gently place the fish on top. Garnish with reserved cilantro in the cavity and around the fish. Serve with tortillas.